Thursday, December 17, 2015

Of Fish and Trees

These herring (at least I think they are), are the first things I've sketched in pencil in a very long time. I'm forcing myself to work outside of some comfort zones that I feel have had me rutted for quite a while.

I think they are herring. Working in pencil for a change of pace. Not sure I've done a pencil sketch in maybe ten years.

The second image here, are some birch trees that I've sketched/painted as a Christmas present for my mom. She lives in Michigan much of the year and her house is surrounded by paper birches.

Birch trees

2 comments:

terrapintales said...

Keep going with the sketches. The trees are a great example of using space.

Trevor said...

Thanks Bruce! Sketching is about all I've done lately. I am planning to build a johnboat in the near future, but my boating and cycling has come to something of a halt for a few months. Immersing myself in art seems like a good way to pass the time.