A Possible End...

Depending on how badly Flickr hamstrings my photos, I may have to quit this blog. I know all four or five of my readers will be pretty bummed (not counting the dozens of spambots linking to me), but Flickr has been my photo hosting site for maybe 15 years and I don't feel like paying for it much longer. That may break all of my photo links. In which case, this will be pretty useless. Just a heads up.

Edit: Here is a link to my Instagram account, if anyone is so inclined to keep up with the random things that I do. It's a bit more trivial at times, but I still post sailing, hiking, art and other things there, within the day-to-day little things.

art_life_things on Instagram

Comments

Tweezerman said…
Bummer. I guess I'm one of the five. I did this post on Blog Mortality ten years ago. Tweezerman
Trevor said…
I very much appreciate your time, sir! Blogs are certainly a bit narcissistic. It's a mostly one-way door to the world on one's life and experiences therein. It's nice for me to be able to share what's going on or what i find interesting with those of my friends and acquaintances that I don't have on other forms of social media or with those that curmudgeonly dodge social media, altogether. I'd still be keeping this if the cost of doing so hadn't outsized the return. Flickr, where all of my images have been housed since 2005, has priced itself beyond my justification, even if they might be justified in doing so on their in.

Cheers! Thanks again for your viewership! I think I might edit the post with a link to my Instagram account, if anyone is interested.

Popular Posts