Over the weekend I managed to get all of the longitudinal stringers on the canoe frame. Yesterday, I took a day off of work to do some more work on it, it's been a stressful few months at home with the passing of my mother-in-law a few weeks ago and the progress of her dementia leading up to it. I was feeling a little burned out and experiencing creative block. In advertising and design, that can be a pretty big hinderance on productivity.
I managed to lash up the stems yesterday and get the gunwales mostly done before running out of time and artificial sinew. It's starting to look pretty boat shaped, now.