Starting the Chuckanut 12 skin-on-frame kayak

Started lofting the frames for the skin-on-frame kayak project.

The beginning of the Dave Gentry Chuckanut 12 skin-on-frame kayak build. My friend Brian and I, see Meramec River post (and a handful of others), are going to build two of these, side-by-side, this winter.


I only have one frame template sketch started, but all should fit on a half sheet of ply, including stems. I haven't put the concave curve between the gunwale/chine/keel stations yet. This is about what I could get done in-between travel time to my house and back, on my lunch hour, today.

This should be a cool project. I've not built a skin-on-frame boat before, nor have I had anyone to talk to whilst puttering away in the garage.

Started lofting the frames for the skin-on-frame kayak project.

Comments

Popular Posts