First up, I promised an Episcopal Church acquaintance that I'd do another art piece for charity auction. She's involved with Habitat for Humanity and I did a piece for her last year (the first pic below.)
This year, I decided to step it up, slightly. Still largely a reclaimed pallet project, but I added a thin sheet of nicely veneered plywood to the cutout.
Next up! The big-ass red oak stump! I'm turning this sucker into a table for my daughter's clubhouse that I'm in the middle of building. I attacked it with a chisel, drawknife and palm sander. I still need to varnish it and maybe add small locking casters to the bottom. The chunk of fire wood is incredibly heavy.
Thirdly! My cigar box ukulele project is coming along nicely, as well. This is the fourth musical instrument project. It features the same neck and headstock shape as the tambourine banjolele, but I was given a chunk of bone that I've used for the nut. I am currently sketching a hibiscus pattern on the face in order to wood burn before I fix the neck permanently.
And just for good measure, here are my plans for the next musical instrument project. It's a simple cross between a gourd minstrel banjo and an Appalachian mountain banjo, using a vintage teak bowl for the pot and I recently bought a walnut plank for the fretboard. I'll likely make the neck from poplar. Other bits like the nut and bridge will be bone or antler if I can get ahold of some and I'll be using goat or calfskin for the tacked on head.