A Trial Run of Sorts.

I'm going to call this a trial run, since the 5-10 mile an hour winds completely died after I got the boat put together. On the upside, I got to leisurely ghost around and feel how the boat moves with the steering oar and with weight distribution. Plus, I got the boat stickered for Fellows Lake and met the new marina owners, Pam and Paul.

I plan to head back up to the lake next Friday for a better attempt at putting it through it's paces. I'll have a better account of how it sails if I do. I'm off work that day and weather permitting, I'll be out most of the day.

The canoe moves in the slightest of breezes, so I'm pretty excited about it's potential in better wind. Also, the steering oar was great in helping it move through a tack, you can turn the boat and scull very easily with it.

on the car, outside my office, waiting to hit the water.

Loaded up to hit the water after work.

where's the 10 mph wind forecasted?

All dressed up and nowhere to go. The wind just died on me.

leeboard

Leeboard setup.

cheap 2x4 seat. it'll do for now.

barely moving, but considering that i couldn't even feel the wind, that's not bad.

cheap 2x4 seat. it'll do for now.

barely moving, but considering that i couldn't even feel the wind, that's not bad.

ghosting around

Just ghosting around.

sunset on fellows lake

Bobbing around on the water around sunset is always a plus.

Comments

Popular Posts