Monday, April 18, 2011

More boat progress

Decks are just about to a point where I will install them permanently. I recently cut the holes for the quarter turn hatches. I also just finished gluing up the ama/float and sanding down the iakos/cross beams. I've got the mast step in, but the partner needs to be finished and installed. The under seat bracket for the leeboard is installed.

Various boat parts

Leeboard is shaped. I went the lazy route and did a solid timber board. If/when it breaks, I'll laminate one up proper.
leeboard

The ama/float is mostly shaped. Just gotta sand and order epoxy and glass cloth at this point. And maybe something to help fill some dings - micro balloons, silica or just a bag of all-purpose flour.
Ama/Float

Painted the inside of the bulkheads. Best to do this BEFORE you put them on permanently.
Painting inside of the bulkheads/floatations chambers.

Figuring out the mast step and partner placement.
Figuring out the mast step and partner placement

Figuring out the mast step and partner placement

Figuring out the mast step and partner placement

Things are coming along slowly. Not much free time lately. But, I still hope to have her done by June. We'll see.

No comments: