Eleven Months of Clawhammer Banjo

I’ve been playing the banjo right at eleven months. Last week, after practicing one evening, I was curious how much I’d learned and went through the books I’ve been playing from and these are all the songs I can play, in each tuning. They are more simple, novice versions and I don't always play them well, but I’ve learned quite a few, I think.

Standard G Tuning (gDGBD): Cripple Creek, Old Joe Clark, Wildwood Flower, Cotton-eyed Joe, Buffalo Gals, Handsome Molly, Barlow Knife, The Crawdad Song

G Modal/Mountain Minor/Sawmill Tuning (gDGCD): East Virginia, Rain and Snow, Wild Bill Jones, The Cuckoo, Cluck Old Hen, Poor Wayfaring Stranger, Muley’s Daughter, Red Rocking Chair, Darlin’ Cory, Sweet Sunny South, Shady Grove

Double C Tuning (gCGCD): Old Molly Hare, Little Birdie, Lynchburg Town, Old Blue, Groundhog, Sugar Hill, Cumberland Mountain Deer Chase, Down in the Willow Gardens, Black-eyed Susie, Cumberland Gap, East Virginia, Needlecase

C Minor Tuning (gCGCD#): Swannanoa Tunnel, Little Sadie’s

Comments

Popular Posts