A short sail on a Sunday

Sunday afternoon, I took the wife and kiddo out for a short sail on Fellows Lake. It was light and kind of hot out, while moral was still up, I let the crew try her hand at piloting. After cruising across the lake a few time, we doused the sails and fished a bit before calling it and rowing back to the dock.

A quick sail on Fellows Lake, Sunday

I hate to say it, but there's a chance I may try and sell the Sea Pearl at the end of the summer or fall. As much as I absolutely freak'n love it, my wife most certainly does not (sigh). I think I may have to purchase or build something that caters more to her complete lack of attention span. It looks like I'm going to have to get something that focuses more on the destination than the journey, more of a race over there and "cove out" sort of boat than a let's zig-zag across the lake for no other reason than zig-zagging across the lake sort of boat (again, sigh).

Comments

callsign222 said…
I understand your dilemma. However, the Sea Pearl is your boat, and it's important for you to have a boat that will journey with you, and you can teach your children the value of journeying as well. This is important. We rush to much nowadays.

That being said, I will now introduce the time honored boat equation that has cleared the air for millions of sailors worldwide: Q (optimum number of boats) and B (current boats) are the variables

Q = B+1

Now that you are empowered by logic and math, which cannot be argued against, you have only to choose a "here-to-there" boat to compliment the Sea Pearl. You can save your soul, eat your cake, and get your wife to the fishing cove in no time flat.

I wish you luck on your decision making. Tough spot.

Popular Posts