A Child's Canoe Paddle

My daughter's 2/3 size canoe paddle is nearly finished. Shaped it today. Needs oiled and her name pyrographed and then it's complete.

I knocked out a kid-sized canoe paddle this week. I'd drawn the paddle out on the plank last Sunday evening. So, all it needed was a little time hanging out in the garage with my friends the jigsaw, hand plane, spokeshave, rasp, palm sander and pale ale.

kid's canoe paddle

I intend to pyrograph my daughter's name onto it and then Danish oil it before giving it to her. It'll likely see more action on her bedroom wall than in the canoe, but this spring and summer I plan to have her on the water more often with me. This hopefully should give her some ownership and pride in what we're doing. She seemed pretty excited about it last night.

Comments

Popular Posts