Stockton Lake Sailfest/Messabout (2.0) 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

This is a little late, but I've been pretty bogged down with work and home stuff. Anyway, here are a few pics from a weekend on Stockton Lake a little over a week ago. There were quite a few boats of various design in attendance. I only had the chance to head up for Saturday and Sunday, but there were people coming and going for about five days. This event took the plac of Sail Oklahoma this year, after it was canceled do to the hosts and personal reasons.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

We'll start things off with a Welsford SCAMP. They seem to always be event favorites.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

A catboat that I've forgotten the design of. Pretty boat, though. (With Eric F. on his Gentry Lanui SUP in the background.)

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Here is a Woods Strike 18 Trimaran.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Bob T. brought this little tri. I've forgotten the designer, but Bob knocked the construction out of the park on this boat. It was perfect.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Eric F.'s Lanui SUP and My Chuckanut 12 kayak, both Dave Gentry designs.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Tom P.'s Sea Pearl 21. Sailing this boat is what made me want to buy one a few years ago. Tom still has his.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Here is a Welsford Sweet Pea.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Bruce's humble and fun PDRacer.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

A Bolger Elegant Punt. I built one of these as my first boat build. It taught me how to sail that summer. I quickly outgrew it, though, building the Wa'apa outrigger the following year.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

More boats on the beach. Seth M.'s Duck Duck Goose in the foreground. It comes apart in the middle to make a PDRacer, if need/want be.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Kenny G.'s Michalak Picara.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Gene B.'s Normsboat.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

My friends John and Jen R. brought John's dad's newly constructed CLC Skerry up for some sailing lessons on Sunday. I took each of them out a couple of times, with myself at the helm and then switched it up for some hands-on instruction. It's a pretty neat little boat. I really liked rowing it.

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

It was a nice way to spend a couple of days. Always good to see my boating friends and get a chance to speak boat nerd without getting that look to "make it quick".

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015 Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Stockton Sailfest Oct. 2015

Comments

Popular Posts