Masi CX, my new ride

I ordered this on Monday from Queen City Cycles and picked it up today on my lunch hour. I'm pretty freak'n excited to test it out this weekend. Hopefully the rain will hold out long enough for me to get a ride in.

My new Masi CX cyclocross bike from Queen City Cycles.

My new Masi CX cyclocross bike from Queen City Cycles.

My new Masi CX cyclocross bike from Queen City Cycles.

I went with the steel-framed Masi CX cyclocross bike over a lighter road bike for a few reasons. I want to do some light weekend touring and bikepacking with it when the weather starts to cool. I've read nothing but great things about this bike for its price point and I'm hoping to maybe even do a longer trip on the Katy Trail sometime next spring. Aside from the steel frame, some other differences are the ability to mount fenders and pannier sets to it easily. That'll help when it comes time to take it some distance.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think you made a good choice- a cross bike will let you go fun places a road bike may not be happy and you can trade the tires in/out depending on where you're headed.

Love those Florida photos.

-Bruce
Trevor said…
Thanks! The new bike rode like a dream this weekend. Absolutely love it!

Popular Posts