More Sewing Practice and Hard Apple Cider

This past weekend, I finished up a small sewing project. Certainly not a manly one, but whatever, it looks nice and it's partially made from recycled materials. I may make a handful of them for family Christmas presents this year. Something for them to take to the farmer's market on Saturdays.

Coffee Sack Tote

The tote is made from light duck canvas, sewn on my wife's 1970s avocado green Singer sewing machine. Then I hand sewed the burlap coffee sack patch and grommet eyelets. The handle is 1/4" or 3/8" sisal rope, with seized ends and figure eight stopper knots.

Can't make a boat sail omelet without sewing a few canvas eggs to begin with. See The Sailor's Ditty Bag

Bottled cider. It's drinkable, but will be better in a few weeks.

Last night, I bottled three gallons of hard cider. Still not using glass bottles, even though I've got a huge box of flip-top Grolsch beer bottles set back for the purpose.

The cider came out a little light. It's drinkable now, but should be better in a few weeks. I will most likely add concentrate the next time around, to give it a richer apple flavor. I think I made a mistake in topping off the gallons after racking them to secondary fermentation.

Comments

Popular Posts